Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sharp Thoughts on Gaming

I think about games all the time - what makes them tick, why people enjoy them, and how they could be better. I spend at least as much time analyzing as I do actually playing them. Games always been one of my favorite hobbies, and these days they're also my primary creative outlet. I know they're my calling, and one day I hope to make them my profession.

Honestly, half the reason this blog exists is the hope that some day when I'm applying for a job at Wizards of the Coast or Steve Jackson Games, I'll be able to point to my posts here and say, "This is why you should hire me."

I've played my share of videogames and packaged board games, but my real passions are tabletop RPGs and that exemplar of CCGs, Magic: The Gathering. Both are amazing examples of game design that allow players to customize their experience, appealing to different players on many levels.

I don't know what this blog will become - I could well choose to focus on anything from nebulous game design theory to critical game reviews. I can only hope that some people out there will find it all as fascinating as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment